Monday, July 9, 2007

Wusss up beautiful

Right now i'm sitting in a coffee shop excactly one block away from my new apartment.Oh and on the way here i had my first half scary experience i was just crossing the street and a snoop dogg looking man gave me a head nod and a "Wus up beautiful". I was actually excited to have the experience, when i told Andrew, he was like are you okay? hhah.The coffee shop is a really cool place aside the fact that the barista is a little creepy..not freaks you out creepy, i'm fine sitting in here by myself, but the creepy where he seems like he always takes deep breaths like he's going to talk but never says anything. Oh and i think it's the above 65 hang out andrew and i came here saturday night and about 8 elderly couples were sitting around watching concerts on tv. But they do make a mean iced latte. Things have been pretty chill we went grocery shopping twice already so we should be set for like 5 years. But it did suck because we went to target first then wal-mart and spent way too much at target. Yesterday it stormed like crazy, car alarms were going off! We definetely live in the part of city that's in movies..our street is the main street to the Hennepin Hospital so there's ambulances all the time. But i like it the noise doesn't bother me. The apartments are super cool but mine of course takes the cake so far...andrew thinks so too. We haven't seen much of our neighbors except the nice tattooed mexican man we bought a air conditioner off of, and the best neighbor yet is the old man on the first floor he smokes like a chimney, his clothes and windows are yellow stained and he wears a bandana around his head all rolled up like pochahontas(definitely spelled that wrong) style but he is a white man. ( I'm startng to sound racist but i'm just trying to be descriptive so you can imagine a little better), and when he opens his door it smells like death. Thats all of the neighbors we've seen, and today is going to be the first time we take a long walk downtown since we've been here. Oh the first day was craziness when we first arrived at the apartment i had to be to orientation in an hour, so my dad and i (mostly my dad) put up my shower curtain and i jumped in and then my mom drove me down to Aveda which is only seven minutes away. Orientation was BORINGGGG I first walked in and then made my way up to the fourth floor, the building is amazing it must have been like an old ballroom because the staircase is fantastic it has gold banisters and all marble flooring but then it has a modern twist so it's amazing. Once i got to the 4th there were probably 60 girls and maybe 5 guys we all got signed in then we made our way to the "Great Room" and it was great it looked like an old theater i'm exccited to see what we'll use it for. Then the Admissions rep began to talk and they showed us a video of the history of Aveda. Which was very cool i actually really liked it. Then came the crappy part we had to pick a partner, learn three things about them, then introduce them to the whole class. It wasn't so bad seeing as my partner was pretty cool i learned she was from South Dakota, has 2 cats, and has two different colored eyebrows....naturally. Then the speaker talked some more and then we all had to sit around for about an hour or so as we each handed in our checks. Then played a final lame game and were sent on our way. I'm excited to start it should be super fun. Let's see what else oh the showers kind of stink i'm way to tall for it my head sticks above the shower curtain and what else? we live on 3 blocks from the twins stadium! and there are skyscrapers only 2 blocks away. I'm excited to get a little rough on my edges and to tell lots of stories but i'm going to be homesick for a while....i miss my friendsss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you guys!
I'm officially a city girl woo hoo!

7 comments:

Sam said...

Cool stories so far Lyndsay. Sorry to hear about the shower situation. That little issue will probably be your downfall. I've never heard of anyone surviving the "Short-Shower-Of-Doom" epidemic. Hope you get to see a little bit of the city before the shower does you in. Well, it was nice knowing you.

:-D

Kyle said...

i once took a shower in a shoer that the head only came up to my nipples. It was super annoying because I had to bend down a lot to get my hair wet... I think it must have been made for a midget...

Laura said...

I guess that I won't be taking any showers in your apartment when we come for a visit. I survived a short shower curtain once... barely made it out alive. That won't happen again. Sorry, but you will just have to deal with my stink for a few days as I cuddle with you in your bunk bed. But seriously, just like short shower curtains, it was great to hear about your first days experiences, you will have tons of stories to share with us. Some new ones finally that we can't come up with the ending before you get to it!! LOVE YOU GIRL! Miss you too.

lyndsay said...

well it's bad news gang i went to the doctor and ...well...i only have 2 days left so the midget shower has finally done it's damage.
Hahaha i think it's bad, i can't wait for you guys to come cause your both like a foot taller than me!
kyle i'm surprised you weren't diagnosed with anything after that tragic incident.

Chel said...

Laura good luck trying to spoon with Lynds in her bunk bed! I was going to but I could'nt get up the steps...but you are a lot more athletic than me, so you could probobly get up there!

Sam said...

Now that's a funny visual. Your Mom crawling up on a bunk bed! Hehe

Chel said...

It was'nt funny - it was SCARY!!!!